As long as I can remember, I have always liked to eat sweet potato. Not only is it naturally sweet, it is high in fiber! When I was young, my grandma always made Chinese Sweet Potato Soup. It is delicious and easy to make. Maybe one day I will make an updated video showing you how to make it as well.
Anyways, for this Sweet Potato Cupcakes recipe, I made it three times before I made a video of it and posted the recipe here. The original recipe was very “gummy-tasting” (basically disgusting in my opinion). The second time I made it, the cupcakes tasted too dense and heavy. Third time is the charm because the cupcakes tasted moist, delicious and flavorful. So below is the recipe, and I hope that you will enjoy it. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
Sweet Potato Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 oz sweet potato baby food
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 & 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Mix the wet ingredients together.
- Then, add in the dry ingredients and mix everything well.
- Bake the cupcakes at 350 F. for 15-16 minutes OR 10-11 minutes in a Babycakes cupcake maker.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before decorating.